Monday, February 28, 2011

My Golfie, the Dream, and the Nightmare

Golfie is my first car. He is a blue Volkswagen Golf, 2001 model. He’s quite old but I really don’t care. I’m not that materialistic to go into all that trouble of getting a brand new car. Besides, I’m a ravenous social-climbing pauper- impoverished, gullible (read: stupid), and exploited. In short, I don’t have the money.

Finally my dream has come true. Though I’ve always wanted an Alpha Romeo or an Audi, it doesn’t really matter anymore to me. All that matters to me is that I have car!!!!!

I’ve always thought that if I have my own car, I can go to places anywhere I want to. A dream of every guy- freedom in the fast lane- and it simply makes you feel high.

When I finally bought my car, the song Overdrive by the Eraserheads came to my mind.

Now, I have my Golfie. The slap of reality makes you realize that it is quite a nightmare. So far I’ve been using my car for work and school. Sometimes I become my sister’s driver and chauffeur to my mom’s friends. I have to work hard and save my money to pay bills and insurance. I haven’t been around with my car except for work, school and church.

But I don’t mind.  I needed a car for work.

I can’t understand why people think that the moment you just bought your car, you should automatically become an eager taxi driver for freeloaders. Left and right, you see your cousins, aunts, uncles, nephews, nieces, friends, bosses, co-workers, mistresses, sugar-daddies, and lovers asking you to take them to places, begging your desperately as if it was a matter of life and death, ESPECIALLY, when they know very well that you’re about to go to your work that is located far away somewhere in the most desolate god-forsaken area of Tuscany. I mean, I bought a car because I NEED IT and for PRACTICAL PURPOSES, unlike some losers who need a car to become a better douche-bag poser and get laid.

Anyway, I’m just happy that Golfie is now in my life. So pano yan, syota na lang talaga ang kulang….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sige, sakayan niyo ang trip ko....