Monday, May 23, 2011

Significant Figures ep. 03- Work and Wage


24- hours of work per week. It’s a PART-TIME  job that practically takes up ALL my time for some mysterious reasons.

3 years- total of years I will serve for this multinational company.

1 ½- years left before my contract gets terminated. My bosses can’t wait.



851 euros- the amount I got for the many extra hours I did last month.

4 digits- the figures of my salary FOR ONE YEAR. A little less than enough.

6 digits- probably the figures which the owner of company earns every month. Less than enough for him, apparently. He needs more. Poor guy.



A piece of my soul- the price needed to be paid each time I forward a request for a day-off.

Pound of flesh- our managers usually give for this line of work, and we’re not even involved in prostitution.

50 euros- prize given to workers who have suffered psychological violence and ulcer attacks just to appease the persistent need for good quality and convenient (cheap, or better yet, exploitable low-paying labour conditions) service to anonymous shoppers.

500 euros- bill presented by a psychiatrist to relax the nerves of an employee who have suffered psychological violence and ulcer attacks just to appease the persistent need for good quality and convenient (cheap, or better yet, exploitable low-paying labour conditions) service to anonymous shoppers.


1 comment:

  1. See??? tapos nagtataka ka kung bakit nasa left-brain dominant department ka, weh kahilig-hilig mo sa figures! xD ewan ko sa'yo! hahahah!

    ReplyDelete

Sige, sakayan niyo ang trip ko....