Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Virgin Charlie Challenge Week #11 Recap- Music to Get You Going



I go to gym not because I want to but because it is a necessity. As I’ve said before, my family has a background of heart-related diseases, including being in love obsessively and having the total absence of love towards any other living organism.

To have good looks is, and I would like to point this out clearly, purely secondary. And I’m actually vain and a chronic liar.

But what I really want to say is that going to gym is not something pleasurable for me, and lifting all things made of iron is a drab and plain boring. I need something that is mentally stimulating.

Music, the perfect remedy to keep you going and to motivate you to lose more dumbbells and some dumb people around you.

Here’s my playlist-

  1. The Prodigy- man I love listening to Prodigy’s while working out! “Breathe” and “Smack My Bitch Up” are forever favorites.
  2. Fatboy Slim’s “Push the Tempo” when I’m getting a bit tired lifting weights and when I’m on the treadmill.
  3. Also another Fatboy Slim’s music, “Right Here, Right Now”. I listen to this when I go jogging out in the open.
  4. Tomoyasu Hotei’s “Battle Without Honour or Humanity”, yes it’s the catchy music in the Kill Bill movies. When I listen to this it’s like “Beat the body without humanity and love the pain.” Hahaha!
  5. Alternative rock songs.

Any rock song would do for me actually. But never a Barbara Streisand song.


I have nothing against Barbara, it’s just that one time they played Streisand’s “Enough is Enough”, and I heard it, the moment felt so gay and I lost concentration. I was laughing hard! I’m not laughing at the gay thing. I was laughing because there I was trying harder to push through beyond the limits of my routine and then the song says ‘enough is enough’.
And this gym was supposed to be a sanctuary for rockers and rock music fanatics. Barbara Streisand! I’ve got no more to say further on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sige, sakayan niyo ang trip ko....