Saturday, June 23, 2012

Virgin Charlie Challenge Week #13-14-15 Recap- Perpetual Insights and Perpetual Insanity


Three weeks have passed and here I am again, updating the report of the challenge. I’m still keeping my eye on the prize-  A PICTORIAL, SHOWING EVERYTHING! Hehehehe…



But there’s still so much work to do, so much training to undergo, and I think it’s really time for me to start a REAL diet, an appropriate meal plan.

I never thought that keeping fit and working-out were this hard. It’s not simply about lifting weights, exercises and sweating buckets.

There are three essential E’s- EDUCATION, EATING and EXERCISE.

It should all start with education; educating yourself on what to do, what to avoid, what to eat. If you start doing exercises and routines without the appropriate knowledge, you’re just wasting your time and energy, and you wouldn’t get results.

I tell you, if you’re not passionate about health and bodybuilding, it’s a very tedious task. But it’s fundamental.

How to start? Don’t just go to the internet and do superficial research. Go to your doctor and get yourself checked. Ask for his/her advice. If your gym offers a health check-up (where they also determine your muscle mass and body fat) then go for it.

Then you should start doing some reading about health, workouts and eating habits. If you don’t like reading, then get a personal trainer.

As for your eating habits, well, starvation is never the key to getting a healthy, fit, strong body. You MUST eat. Unless you’re an air-head of a model, then starve yourself to death. But if you want to be strong and healthy AND FIT, you must eat. What to eat? Well, McDonald’s is DEFINITELY not a diet meal. You must do more research about this. It would be better if you will go to a formidable nutritionist and explain your situation.

And finally, dig deeper and push harder in your exercises. It’s hard. Your body will be sore. But you must go further, and this lifestyle will require you NOT TO GO BACK. But once your body get acquainted, you’ll feel better, be more confident about yourself, and the endorphins are simply the best natural drug you’ll ever have! Hehehe… At least it won’t let your deteriorate.

The truth is, I still need to do an appropriate meal plan, learn more about health and body, and be more disciplined with my routines and exercises.

As of now, I’m already at the second month of the Insanity Workout Program. It’s really hard. It’s not just tiring. It’s AGONIZING. But I love the challenge.

It’s been almost four months since I started going to the gym. I’ve lost a considerable amount of weight (though I’m still there at 78 kg, hehehe) and I’m starting to get a modest shape. I never thought that I would be writing all these things.

It’s also good to know that some of my friends are now trying to get fit. The Big Three as we were used to be called is now destined to become the Blue Troika! We’re aiming for the best!

Have a nice weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. good luck on that just do your best have a great weekend too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there hope you don't mind checking my blog today I just have something for you
    happy blogging and have a great day
    http://iammecoy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Sige, sakayan niyo ang trip ko....