Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Alanis Morissette- True and Faithful to Her Calling


She remained true and faithful to her calling. Alanis came back to Florence to bring back memories, nostalgic verses, and inspiring music. A true rock music artist. To be there and witness the unravelling of genuine music artistry on the rooftop of the Cavea del Nuovo Teatro dell’Opera is a priceless experience. More than a month has passed since I went to her concert. Matapos makapag-muni-muni sa kanyang songs, I thought of writing something about it, sharing the experience.



When she was on the stage and started singing, I thought at the beginning that it was lip-synch. But soon I realized that it was her real voice. She’s truly not an auto-tuned-glitter-ass pop music artist.

The new songs she performed were okay, but they don’t have the same magnetic euphoric effect of the songs from her first and second albums, especially her hits from the “Jagged Little Pill”.



It was so extraordinary. Her lyrics told our stories, our lives. She has always known how it feels to be young and helpless as a teenager, to be in love and discover life as a youth, to learn from experiences, to feel special, to be enraged. She’s been there where you found yourself alone in the dark, heart brimming with fear and hopes.

During the concert, it was as if she was sharing her heart and soul and music to the lost, to the weeping. And here we are, all inspired, shouting and singing at the top of our lungs, with one hand in my pocket while I make a peace sign with the other.

I closed my eyes, and like the multitude, stood up and sang along with her, feeling the music- with your soul, skin and bones. I stood there immersed in the sea of voices and hearts, all crying out- ALANIS.



She never fails to inspire and move people’s hearts. When she sang “Head Over Feet”, I was quietly crying. I was and am in love. And it’s like the lyrics of her song. I know it sounds gay, but I don’t give a crap! I shed those tears, reminisce the past, and contemplate the present. Emo na emo ang dating! Hahaha! Such a blissful moment.

My favourites? Ironic, Wake Up, Right Through You, Oughta Know, All I Really Want, Uninvited, Everything, Hands Clean, and Head Over Feet.

When the concert was about to end, it felt like I was about to be left alone by a dear beloved friend. Alanis sang “Thank You”, and it was hard to say goodbye. When the lights came back, and when she was gone from the stage, I felt that something was missing. I miss Alanis. I hope she’ll come back. 

Photos courtesy of my employer and best friend....

Xian Gallardo

13 comments:

  1. Si alanis yung rare kind ng artist na simpleng simple pero astig na astig. i just love her. aaaanddd infernes parang ang Hot ni xian. ma-stalk nga yan sa FB loljk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. It's hard to find someone like her in the music industry. siguro yung sa row ng mga indies meron. And yes, that's my bestfriend. Minsan nga nahihiya ako tumabi sa mga bestfriend ko. Gwapo kasi nila. Hehehe! Bromance lang!

      Delete
    2. nahh, mas cute ka pala, and lovable. pwede bang ikaw na lang ang i-stalk? hehe. have you heard of flirtationship? parang gusto ko yon hahaha. :)

      Delete
  2. xian is so cute lol


    alanis is very underrated for someone who have sold 60 millions albums ...

    by the way ....where in the world are you ...are you there permanently , or like an OFW , or just for a vacation ....i'm confused LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll make sure Xian will know your comments about him. He thought he looks ugly in this pic. Best friend ko yan, humble. Hehehe!

      Anyway, I'm a resident here in Florence, Italy. Tunay na Pilipino pa rin. If you think of visiting this city, contact me and I'll be glad to take you around the city.

      Delete
  3. saan nangyari ang concert na to bakit hindi ko alam? hehe..
    i like alanis.. i love her songs.. ironic, head over feet and uninvited were my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ms. Pink Line! Dun sa rooftop ng bagong theatre dito sa Florence, Italy. Uninvited reminds me of that tear-jerker movie City of Angels. Hehehe...

      Delete
    2. aw kaya naman pala hindi ko nalaman eh..sa italy pala yan hehehe..sana magconcert din sya dito sa pinas :)
      hindi ko napanood ang city of angels hahaha wawa naman ako...

      Delete
  4. Well, I think her music changed a lot kasi during her jagged little pill days, she was rebellious and angry. Now she is more calm and happy kaya siguro yun yung nagrereflect sa songs niya. She still rocks and more talented than most artists now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still prefer the rebellious and enraged music niya. Hehehe... Ganun pa rin kasi ang emotional state ko eh.

      Delete

Sige, sakayan niyo ang trip ko....