Thursday, August 30, 2012

Rubbish and the Sissy Drink on the Rocks


I never liked cover bands. I’ve always thought that they’re nothing more than copycats.

Then I heard that there was this live performance of Rubbish, an Italian cover band of Oasis at Hard Rock Café Florence.

photo by Simone Teschioni Simon's Photo Corner

Since there’s no more Oasis (eventually split in two: Beady Eyes and THE MAN Noel Gallagher), I decided to go to the event because this is the nearest experience I can get to my favourite band.

So I put on some gel and fashioned my hair into a sleek rock star look, put on the shirt that makes every one believe I got nice wide shoulders and pecs and a small tummy (hehehehe…), and pants that comfortably shows the frontal bump that would make every girl crazy. Yes, I was a hard core rock music lover.

But sometimes looks can be deceiving. My immaculate rocker look is suddenly (damagingly) accompanied by the sissy drink I ordered. It was some pink cocktail. PINK COCKTAIL. No, it was actually purple. They call it Purple Haze, like that Jimmy Hendrix song. I can’t help it, I don’t drink beer. I never drink beer. It has that annoying bitter taste.

But anyway, that’s not the point why I was there at Hard Rock.

Rubbish band really surprised me and changed my mind about cover bands. They may not have their original songs but they did an incredible favour to Oasis fans. They made us feel as if Oasis was all together again. The lead singer can even do that Liam-thing. You know, the singing with both hands behind your back and the body twisted with the microphone a tad bit higher than him. Just watch some of Liam’s performances and you’ll know what I mean. The band rocked the place. Everybody was singing, dancing, and many others are suppressing the urge to jump up and down and shout. And talk about the venue, Hard Rock Café Florence is the best of its kind here in Italy.












At the bar, I ordered another drink, a white Martini (sissier than ever, hahaha!), and finally the alcohol hit me. I was singing and bobbing my head like crazy. Who cares? I’m here for the music. I can’t be a poser all time like all these creeps around me. Hah!

It’s kind of sad that none of my friends was there. Maybe because my taste are too rock for them, and because they’re so pop music? Or maybe I’m just old and the music I listen to is already considered contemporary classic? Whatever the case is, to miss a live performance of Rubbish is really a big mistake. I feel so sorry for them. Rubbish, forgive them for they do not know what they’re doing.

I’m glad I made the wise decision to be there. Forget about the vain efforts of looking like a rock star. Forget about the sissy drink on the rocks. Rubbish is no rubbish at all. This is good shit. You want a piece of Oasis? Then you better go and see Rubbish.

Rock on!





(Photo courtesy of the photographer Simone Teschioni who captured those marvelous moments. Visit his page Simon's Photos Corner)

12 comments:

  1. well sometimes those copycats make the best out of someone else's song

    ReplyDelete
  2. the lead singer is kinda hot!

    sample naman dyan ng you singing a rock song hahahaha ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day. I'll post one. Hehehe... Ambisyoso lang...

      Delete
  3. kaw talaga kuya charles, natatawa ako sa sulat mo :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Show me that Liam-thing again! Haha. I really miss Oasis. Still one of the best bands out there.

    nakaka-nosebleed sa blog mo tol. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paminsan minsan lang ang nosebleed effect... hehehe...

      Delete
  5. my friend loves oasis kaya napapasabay ako sa champagne supernova. hehe. Sampol naman diyan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love bobbing my head and jumping wildly kapag naririnig ko ang cigarettes and alcohol. Saka na ang sampol! Hehehe...

      Delete
  6. I'll go check out their songs. I love songs but I am not familiar with the singers/bands. Can you imagine that? I was almost left behind. I am more into contemporary and classic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just a matter of taste in music. Kanya kanyang trip nga di ba? In music there are three things I love the most- Rock, Opera, and LADY GAGA! hahaha! One day I might write something about classical music.

      Delete
  7. NOel Gallagher parin. Parang hindi na matatapos ang pagluluksa ng rock world sa pagkawala na Oasis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Anyway, this coming October may concert si Noel Gallagher dito! Yeah! Sama ka? Hehehe...

      Delete

Sige, sakayan niyo ang trip ko....