Monday, September 10, 2012

Oracle Night


I usually judge a book an excellent masterpiece if it compels me to do something out of the ordinary or if it pushes me to start a habit I’ve never done before.

In this case, Paul Auster’s “Oracle Night” is an excellent masterpiece.



The novel begins with Nick, after recovering from a devastating coma, discovers a notebook that would turn his life with mysterious twists and turns.

Nick writes a story about an editor who is mesmerized by a manuscript entitled “Oracle Night”, a story within a story, within a story. But more than that Nick’s story was quite prophetic. As his story progressed into an odd one, so are his strange encounters in New York and ominous events that would reveal long-hidden secrets and hidden emotions of his wife and friends. All suspicions, infidelities and treacherous sentiments would die, but it wouldn’t be the end of the couple. There would be a tragic chapter, but it’s only a catalyst for another story of their lives.

Auster’s novel is thrilling and it got me hooked. Very stunning and absorbing.

His novel compelled me to write my journal. Sissy, I know. I actually started writing again in Moleskine notebooks. Well, I’m not actually paid to advertise. I just find their notebooks very beautiful and fun to write on. But who cares? Walang basagan ng trip!





8 comments:

  1. ang shoray ng moleskine notebooks! yomon mo naman! hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buti ka pa mahilig sa books, ako walang wala hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wala kasi syota. Eh di patulan na lang libro. hehehe! Certified book-worm ako eh.

      Delete
  3. hehe not a book lover kaya di makarelate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok lang yun. May kanya-kanya tayong trip.

      Delete
  4. maghanap ako ng e-book niyan baka meron. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Modern na modern ka pala. Conservative ako. I still prefer yung tangible talaga, printed, at yung amoy ng papel at ink. Aaaahhhh! Adik lang... hahaha!

      Delete

Sige, sakayan niyo ang trip ko....