You can really see the adrenaline rush in the blood stream of Filipinos when
Vatican observers and
journalist mentioned the name Tagle as a possible candidate to be the next
I thought that it was quite impossible for Cardinal Tagle to be a Pope. Unthinkable. You simply can’t barge into the arena of ecclesiastical politics without being deeply rooted into its secrets, policies, factions and institutions within the
. Too young. Too
raw. He’ll be meat to hungry lions. Vatican
I have nothing against the Catholic Church. I’m one of those people labelled by conservative European clerics as apostates, heretics against the Holy Catholic Church, whose spiritual fathers were persecuted or slaughtered or mercilessly burned alive, branded as infidels, and most excommunicated in the Old Continent. Yes, I am a child of the
. Even if I
don’t agree with many of its fundamental doctrines, I have nothing against the
Catholic Church. We protested. That’s all. Protestant Church
And I don’t really like your pope BUT I LOVE THE PAPACY. I’ve always been fascinated by the Papal Throne, its temporal and divine authority and its history. I’ve always been curious of the Vatican Archives, the scandals, the conspiracies and everything!
If fact when I was a kid, I dreamt of becoming a Pope, but then I realized that they don’t really have a sex life, so the rest is history. Hahahaha! Weeeh!
I just thought about it because I was doing some research and writing an article for a newsletter.
Here are some thoughts that popped in my mind if Tagle were Pope…
- RH Law would tread on a different path (really now, the world talks about the big black hole in the international markets, but we’re actually progressing and discussing other holes and other pipes to close). It’s currently walking on shaky path in the Supreme Court under the leadership of a born-again Christian chief justice. In some ways he could influence its outcome.
- Philippine artist Medeo Cruz could probably be excommunicated and be subjected to the harassment and persecution by a certain nobena faction, some sort of followers of the Nazareno who found his art disturbing and disrespectful of the Catholic faith.
- Carlos Celdran would DEFINITELY BE FORGIVEN but would still GO TO JAIL. Because you really don’t mess with the friars…. Ehem… I mean, with the law. He’ll be excommunicated together with Cruz.
- There will be no more sexy steaming billboards in EDSA and Nyabachoi’s blog will be closed down because of her NAKAKABADING and NAKAKATIBO segments, to the dismay of many of us mga nababading na at nagiging tibo. Nyahahaha!
- Speaking of gay people, I guess Adam will have to wait longer to be married to Steve, and the same would be said to Aida and Eve.
- I might be reprimanded by many in the blogosphere and else where
(again). Yes, I made fun of the Catholic Church. So what? Did I make it
less dignified, given that certain leaked documents showed its gargantuan
effort to hide paedophile priests, mafia-related investments (read a book
about it too), and the power struggle within the Vatican. Tell me, how was
my blog damaging the
? It’s nothing compared to what the Church did to the Anabaptists, Huguenots, the Filipino people, Rizal, the Jews, Girolamo Savonarola, and Martin Luther. Okay, I’m exaggerating. Vatican
- Last but not the least, Mommy Dionisia will be bursting out again in national TV as she blabbers cryptic words and subliminal messages, calling out again to her son who went to the other (our) side, while she carries a huge cross on her right shoulder, wearing a tunic and a crown of thorns.
But these are just crazy thoughts of a blogger who just recovered from a fever and probably suffering delirium and paranoia.
Anyway, if I were Cardinal Tagle, I wouldn’t even dream of replacing the Pope Emeritus. God knows how big the challenge is, and we’re not just talking about the minimal size of the