Monday, August 12, 2013

Breakfast at Gucci's

Dahil malakas ako mag trip at isa na rin ako sa mga tinaguriang garapal na social climber, naisipan kong na mag-breakfast sa Gucci. Yes, you can have a chocolate tart and a cup of cappuccino sa Gucci Museum.



It was a glorious morning indeed. You start the day breathing in the posh smell of the Gucci Museum and their limited-edition hand-bags, gazing at the sky-rocketing prices of leather goods which we normally don’t need but pretend as if they’re oxygen, and allowing oneself to be treated like royalty by the most obsequious creatures of the fashion industry- the sales-people-turned-snob-because-he/she-thinks-that-he/she-is-a-model-too.

Fashion never liked me. But that is not to say that I don’t like that world. It’s fun and fascinating. I was simply born with no style or sense of fashion at all.

But I admire the people who built this industry of senseless lust for the glamorously unnecessary and the artists who breathed in life to this avid monster.

I like fashion, whether it likes me or not. Whatever.

Anyway, it’s one of the most interesting places to visit here in Florence, if you’re really into fashion. It was set up to celebrate Gucci’s 90 years of quality service to the less than 10% of mankind.

It all started with a simple guy, Guccio Gucci. Young Guccio was working for a luxury hotel in London where he observed the culture of the rich and their fondness of travelling in style.

When he returned to Florence he put up a workshop that produces bags and luggage of exquisite style and design, and of outstanding quality. And the rest is history. 

Taking pictures inside is not allowed. It exhibits their collections of bags, other gadgets, shoes and gowns, their designs that established Gucci as the couturier of the world’s icons.

image from luxq.com

image from illumni.co

image from trendland.com


What I really enjoyed the best is my breakfast with a friend of mine and their bookstore. 

That's my friend Marife a.k.a. Mariposa

ikaw na ang gumamit ng asukal na may tatak! hahaha!

I even bought a gift for me, pinabalot ko na rin! Hehehe!



Ah the experience is good. The cappuccino is even better!

30 comments:

  1. Di ko maimagine kung magkano ang isang cup of coffee sa ganyang lugar at di kp na rin tatanungin. Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way, if you have time feel free to visit my new blog.

      superjaid.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. When I just started working here, I always say that I wanted to have afternoon tea at the Hyatt and I did. Then I went to Oriental Hotel, for tea and a biscuit and even if the price was horrendous for such a tiny snack, I did. It was for the experience.

    Now, I count all the centavos I spend even if I am to buy fried bananas at the corner of my village. For me, my past frivolous life was fun but having what I have right now, is better. It's living happily with what I can afford.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kahit naman ako ganun din. Hindi naman talaga chic yung place, i mean, it's a museum. Naging interested lang ako recently sa fashion. Hindi ko alam kung bakit. And the coffee is not that really expensive. Just like any other breakfast you can have in any other Italian coffee shop.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hindi naman. It's a museum naman eh...

      Delete
  4. i know right rix..thats my initial reaction as well... i want to experience that as well... pero syempre, like sir trips, its best to have it together with people we like and love... someday, ill roam the world :D i know... at makakaputa ko ng machu pichu...hehehe...

    nakakaloka nga ang tag price ng mga bag at siguro nga intimidating yung mga sales people jan.. have you heard about what happened to oprah when she asked to take a look at one of most expensive bags in a swiss store? haha... sinabihan daw sya ng "it's too expensive, you cant afford it"...lol....

    i think siguro tlga pag bata pa, masarap lang magspend ng magspend and then later on in life, it takes a while to learn the value of money and spending...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I heard about Oprah. Grabe! Hindi ba niya nakilala yung media mogul na yon?!

      Well, hindi naman ganun ang naging experience ko. Inuulit ko. It is a museum, kahit may mga limited edition items sila dun. Hindi naman ako namili.

      And it's not like I spent so much money. It's me, Tripster Guy, he who is the incarnation of kuripot.

      Delete
  5. tsaka, ano po yung gift mo for yourself? hehehe..patingin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a book by Charles Saatchi. Gucci lang yung cover at ribbon. hahaha!

      Delete
  6. Nice experience:) buti na lang I dont care where I bought my bags as long I like it. Kahit SM lang or Divisoria:)
    Maybe because I am old and a simple woman:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The prices of their bags are outrageous. Yung leather bookmark nga lang, 36 euros na agad! Anyway, I was there to visit the museum.

      Delete
  7. wow title palang pang mayaman na!

    Adik lang sa pag reregalo sa sarili, i mean, yung ipabalot pa? haha ano laman non?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe! Ganun talaga kapag single, you surprise yourself with gifts bought by yourself. hahaha! Libro, ang nagiisa kong bisyo sa buhay.

      Delete
  8. Shala iteh at di ko abot tong kembarloo n ganito lols

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow di mareach! haha yaman!!! haha gang mang inasal/jollibee lang ako ee hahaha! kaw na sir! pero maganda yan itreat ang sarili every now and then para maenjoy ang life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hindi naman talaga pangsosyalan yun. It's a museum na may sariling coffee shop. INteresting place, really.

      Delete
  10. Ang sosyal! Pang mayaman! Ikaw na sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nag museum lang mayaman na agad? Hindi ba puedeng social climber muna? hahaha!

      Delete
  11. wow.. hello. ngayon lang ako napadalaw dito. Kamusta naman kumain jan...?
    parang nasusufocate ako sa sobrang sosyal nung place.. nakaka intimidate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi kamilkshake! Thanks for dropping by. Hindi naman sosyal yung place, pang masa naman din.

      Delete
  12. Eh di ako na ang tumutulo ang laway sa regalo mo sa sarili mo waaah! I LOVE designer bags! Social climber or not ewan basta gusto ko ng mga bags na yanz!!!

    At natawa ako sa asukal baha ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nako Ms. Balut, kapag single ka eh you have no choice but to buy yourself a gift.

      And no, I never had any designer bag in my entire life or anything na may label. KURIPOT MODE ON always ako. hahaha!

      Cute ng asukal no?

      Delete
  13. Ngayon ko lang nalaman na may Gucci Museum! Ganda! :)

    Sosyal ng sugar! Ano yung gift mo for yourself Mr Tripster? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. nalula ako dun bag ng gucci... di ako alam na meron pala museum at restau tutyal talaga.. sana ganyan din ang gawing museum sa pinas...

    At ikaw na!! Pang atla siudad lang...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello! Thanks for following me. Same here di ako like ng fashion. I like your blog, very enthusiastic, enjoy basahin! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Sige, sakayan niyo ang trip ko....