Monday, September 09, 2013

The Talented Mr. Ripley and I

Hindi nako magsusulat pa ng review about the book. Meron na din naming film nito noon. But I would like to share some parts I liked about the book. Especially yung thoughts ni Tom Ripley. We do share the same views. Though I’m not the murderous type. He’s too hedonistic, ambitious and greedy. I’m a little bit hedonistic, a little bit ambitious, and a little bit greedy. And we both love Italy.



“…even if they had enough money for a Madison Avenue bar or a good restaurant now and then, how dull it all was compared to the worst little trattoria in Venice with its tables of green salads, trays of wonderful cheeses, and its friendly waiters bringing you the best wine in the world.”

“He loved possessions, not masses of them, but a select few that he did not part with. They gave a man self-respect. Not ostentation but quality, and the love that cherished the quality. Possessions reminded him that he existed, and made him enjoy his existence. It was as simple as that. And wasn’t that worth something? He existed. Not many people in the world know how to, even if they had the money. It really didn’t take money, masses of money, it took a certain security.”


That’s all for now. Ciao! 

17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I feel like he's my twin brother. hahaha!

      Delete
  2. venice italy, dyan ko gusto pumunta tapos mag row tow ng bangka ganyan..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isang beses pa lang ako nakapunta dun. Wanna go back.

      Delete
  3. for some reason im sure naging hedonistic, ambitious and greedy din naman tayo di ba?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. There's a little bit of Tom Ripley in everyone.

      Delete
  4. oh my... just last weekend i was really looking online to see this movie...grabe we're destiny talaga... hahahhaa

    ReplyDelete
  5. good to know your personality:) Made me think whom I am like:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just a small part of my personality. Plese don't think I'm the murderous type. Hehehe!

      Delete
  6. Hmmm... I haven't seen this movie yet. Pero looks interesting naman siya based sa pinost nyo dito sir TG :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hedonistic. Ambitious. Greedy. This three got me thinking. =))

    ReplyDelete
  8. eh nasan ang picture mo? hahahaa.. yun tlga hinanap ko..lol....

    At napaka-dominant lang ng personality..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah! Don't look for it. Basag trip ang hitsura ko. Hehehe!

      Delete
  9. Mas maha a pa mga comment mo sa ibang blog kaysa sa post na toh...

    ReplyDelete

Sige, sakayan niyo ang trip ko....