Monday, February 10, 2014

Après Moi, Les F***ing Hipsters

In the beginning there was Tripster, the alpha nerd. I have been wearing nerdy glasses since I was 16. Poetry was in my blood. Reading is my ultimate addiction. I’m not the conventional dresser because I am a total fashion criminal. I only wear cheap clothing because I am actually stingy and poor. Hindi pa uso ang digital camera at photoshop nag venture nako sa photography and soon abandoned it kasi magastos noon ang photography, and like what I said earlier, I’m very stingy. I always have messenger bags- one eco-bag made of lotus leaves, a black one which I use everyday, a brown leather one which I use for special days. Always carrying with me a book, Moleskine notebooks, my hatred for the world, and a piece of shitty sarcasm for humorless dim-wits.

I often listen to indie bands. Eraserheads lang ang nagdala ng mainstream sakin. What the majority like, I will sometimes hate with ardent passion.

Après mois, les fucking hipsters.

So what’s my problem with hipsters? They’re f***ing posers who stole our style. We, the alpha nerds of the 90’s, have always been the non-conventional type of human beings. We never claimed to be hipsters because the true and genuine hipsters flourished in the 1940’s. And most of them are dead now. There’s no actually ‘we’. People like me never organized a sub-culture group. It just happens that in a community of human beings, there are always the lone nerds, and I am one of those few special breed.

Our look has always been ridiculed. Well, at least the geeks. Nerds are somewhat different. Sometimes respected. Sometimes feared. But most of the times, hated. It was due to my political prowess in highschool that I never got bullied (a politician is always a friend of everyone). I was considered a freak because I don’t normally do what others do. And yes, I am a freak for so many other reasons.

Apart from nerd, which is a pejorative then, and even now I think, there is no other word to classify or describe people like me. I often describe myself as anomalous.

In 2010, designers and fashionistas picked up some thick-rimmed glasses and declared NERD IS THE NEW COOL. P***ngina much with feelings ha! Tatawanan nila noon tapos glorified na ngayon?

So now, I’m supposed to be the coolest person on earth. But no! The nerd look was given the name “hipster”. They wear glasses even if they have perfect vision. And for the sake of being trend, they would carry poetry books, write sloppy poems, but some are just plain boring dim-wits who are fabulously clothed with supposedly thrifty apparel (which is NEVER cheap) from “thrifty” shops (they’re actually shops selling vintage-like clothing with shitty sky-rocketing f***ingly impossible prices).

Now they also have beards, unbelievably skinny pants, tote bags, and they’re anorexic skinny. What’s with being skinny? They only eat organic food. Yeah, some organic sh*t like weed. They can’t shove down a steak in their thin throats.

These are some of the elements which disqualify me from being described of something that came from my very essence.

They say it’s a lifestyle, it’s their sub-culture. But it’s just really about the look. The effing look.

They keep on saying that it’s all about being just you and individuality, but they’re all together like a herd of bleating sheep. It’s all about appearing to be something. Why call them hipsters when they would be perfect if they’re called “f***ing posers”?


I want to kill a hipster today. Trip ko lang.


16 comments:

  1. Wow! nosebleed na ako. :D I remember those hipsters I saw during Sinulog Festival here in Cebu. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tissue teh? Hahaha! Dumadalo pala ang mga yun ng mga ganyang festivals. Hahaba!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Sige lang feel it. Touch it. Do what you want with my body! Yeah! Hahaha!

      Delete
  3. Hahaha i kinda feel you ...Nerds are so mainstream right now ... i blame shows like Big bang theory for that

    Hipster are so "indie mainstream" when they just really stole there styles from homeless people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inaano ka ba namin? Kill me I'm a hipster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh no. Ikaw ang exception to the rule...

      Delete
  5. So far in my life I have never seen a hipster roaming the streets of the province I am in..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. They're urban folks actually. True hipsters live in recluse areas of the city.

      Delete
  6. Mr Tripster The Hipster, the original! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Forget about the hipster Mr. Tripster lols it rhymed hahaha.

    Anyway, I won't focus on the topic you've ranted about but I have few things to say to you.

    I admire you - why? because I always admire a principled person - those who can stand by who they are and their core values. That, no matter how the world - culture or people- changes, they remain faithful to their core values. They don't get swayed by the ways of the world.

    I admire you because I, too, am a principled man. Sticking to our set of values and doesn't necessarily buy the popular culture even if it's the hip thing in the world. It is because I always believe that if a certain culture doesn't work for you, you don't have to buy this off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I feel bad. Matapos kong sabihin na gusto kong pumatay eto ako ngayon sa comment na ito, isang taong may prinsipyo. Hahaha!

      Delete
  8. Kakatakot. O sya di na muna ako bibili ng hipster glasses baka masaktan ako .LOLs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Basta malabo ang mata mo sige lang. Bimi ka lang. Don't worry. I won't hurt you.

    ReplyDelete

Sige, sakayan niyo ang trip ko....