Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Of Black Skin and Being Politically Correct

One time a friend of mine reprimanded me for making fun of a person’s skin colour. That person in question was the Vice President Jejomar Binay. For her, my joke was of bad taste, and it’s politically incorrect to mock somebody because of his skin.



True. It is politically incorrect. I really want to be a responsible citizen, and a reasonable blogger. But what the heck, this is Binay.

If I say, “Binay is a good person. He’s corrupt-free”. That is lying. It’s not how I feel and think about him and I will lose all credibility as a blogger and as a human being.

If I say “Binay is corrupt to the bones.”, for me that's truth, but for onion-skinned crocodiles in the legislature that is called cybercrime, according to Republic Act 10175. I have no intentions of breaking any law.

So what am I supposed to think? What am I supposed to say? What am I supposed to do?

Our laws and ethics do not leave me any other choice but to choose the greater good. Honesty is the best policy.

I’m going back to my being politically incorrect. Nancy, you’re next.


9 comments:

  1. I usually don't have the interest to put people in a bad light but some times I find it interesting as well for others when they are openly expressing their disgusts especially to these political personalities.

    I can't blame them though. And I can't blame you too.

    There are bases - factual or hearsay - to air our grievances against these political honchos in our society. Airing our voices is one way of keeping them walk the right path or else they'll be bombarded with criticisms. They have to perform their duties rightfully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kuya Jay, it's very difficult in our country to pinpoint corrupt cases because first and foremost, corruption has been institutionalized by our laws and political traditions, and it is deeply rooted in the most important clans and institutions of the country.

      I think we should apply the criteria established by the bible in choosing its deacons and ecclesiastic leaders- that a leader must be above-reproached.

      No one in the Senate or Congress, not even in Malacanang is above-reproach. Therefore, nobody must assume that they are there for the common good and the interest of the people.

      Delete
  2. Nakaka-badtrip tignan si Junjun. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totoo ka. tumungtong na rin yan dito sa city naman kasama ang ama. Lakas ng charisma nila sa mga tao, pero bad trip talaga.

      Delete
  3. Hmmm...Twice nako hindi nagvovote ng mga politicians. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think the internet has caused alot of people to be hyper-sensitive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not really the internet. It is the very nature of these goddamn fucktards- to be onion-skinned and yet ang kapal naman ng mukha na maging tagapagligtas ng sambayanang Pilipino.

      Delete
    2. well i think internet ang nagiinfluence sakanila to be like that.. you what eloquent and passionate speeches can do. lol kala mo sila lang ang tama

      Delete

Sige, sakayan niyo ang trip ko....