Wednesday, December 30, 2015

My 2015

I thought it was going to be a boring year. I had some ups, a lot of downs, but it was a good year filled with promises and challenges.

The Philippines

I started the year by coming back to the Philippines. I visited marvellous towns and cities of the Ilocos region, did my Laguna road-trip and rediscovered its beauty, and finally met blogger friends in person. This was the year I unveiled myself to some, and even prompted meaningful new friendships.

The Weddings

Lots of weddings, lots of surprise proposals and engagements, and of course, a lot work to do as host for my friends’ weddings. It just convinced myself that it was ok because that was the only chance for me to sing in front of an audience and perform as if I were a professional singer. Of course, there were lots of people asking the question, “Kailan ka magpapakasal?”

The most special was my sister’s wedding. I spent a great deal of money to get them a carriage pulled by a white horse that took them around the city of Florence. People all over the city saw them and cheered for them, congratulated them, gave them applause, as if it was the wedding of the decade. Priceless.

The Promotion
I conquered Rome. And by that, I mean I was able to pass the required test on management, and I got an increase in my salary and enjoyed the perks and privileges of being on the higher ranks of the hierarchy.  

30

This is the year when I turned 30. I was so excited to be 30. I planned to throw a big party in Santorini, Greece. I ended up celebrating my birthday with my beloved sister in a quiet little town in Lucca and in Pinocchio Park in Pistoia. It was a nice summer road trip, just me and my sister.

The Books

As a book nerd, I failed to reach my goal to read 30 books this year. I only read just 25. The reading experience wasn’t a great one because I’ve read many boring ones.

New Branch

This year I was sent to another branch. Had some difficulties coping up with the employees and the director. But the male clientele is like a roster of models, one beefy hunky employee, and one cute co-worker, and less responsibilities now, so less stress for higher wage. Life is… not so beautiful, but better than hell. So it’s ok.

Downton Abbey

I discovered Downton Abbey. The rest is history!

The Second of My Name- R.I.P.

Three months ago, my sister found out she’s pregnant. The child was supposed to be born on the same day of my birthdate. She promised that she would give my name to her child. I was really happy and looked forward to the coming of my dear nephew (our hunch was that the child would be a boy).  But there were some complications and she lost the child. It was a very sad moment for all of us in the family. But she’s ok now.

Debt Free

Finally gave the money to my dear creditor. Wala na akong utang!

Roman Holiday Revisited

I spent the last days of 2015 in the magnificent Eternal City- Rome, with my two bestfriends. Binge eating, lots of walking, lots of stairs to climb (we went all the way up to the top of the dome of St. Peter’s Basilica), and lots of laughs and good vibes with my besties and new friends.



2016, here I come!

12 comments:

  1. So sa 2017 pa tayo mag meet so list our names down in your 2017 year ender, ha,ha,ha! Congratulations to your promotion and with higher salary comes more expenses. I bet the wedding of your sister will be the most memorable for her. Bata ka pa so you can still do more as in more readings, more lakwatsa with family and friends, more promotions, amd more male crushes and someone to love. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salamat sir jo! Pabago bago plans ko. Pero kung kakayanin sa 2017 ako uuwi ulit ng Pinas. Hope you're there!

      Delete
  2. Na-imagine ko yung wedding ng sister mo na nakasakay sila sa karwaheng hila ng puting kabayo, kakaiba, very European? hehehe.

    At Congratz sa iyong promotion, naks! :)

    Kung ikaw naka 25 books this year... ako ata naka isa lang na sure kong natapos mula umpisa hanggang dulo, the rest papili-pili ng part na babasahin :)

    Happy New Year Mr Tripster! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually kasama ako dun sa karwahe. Hahaha!

      Delete
  3. Seems like you had a great year :) Happy for you :) Happy Holidays po

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope you had a great time too!

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year Your Highness :)

    Sa wedding ko, ikaw kunin kong wedding singer! Hahahaha.. Kung kelan man yun at kung with sino man yun.. Bwahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nako, ayoko na. Flower boy na lang ako. Hahaha!

      Delete
  5. galeng! happy new year!! congrats on all the achievements! gusto ko din makabasa ulit madaming books

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg ang Santoriniiiiii!! shet gusto ko yan like sobrang sobraaaaa.
    at shet ka, debt free. ikaw na talaga! ano ba yang heirarchy na inaakyatan mo?
    happy new year Tripster! ikaw na ikaw na!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Di nga natuloy yung santorini kom maybe some other time na lang...

      Delete

Sige, sakayan niyo ang trip ko....