Six months ago I have listed down 10 goals that I will pursue and try to achieve this year. And so far, I am not really doing great.
- Healthy habits- I wanted to be fit and healthy. Few months ago I
started to workout again like I used to FOUR YEARS AGO, and that entails
also a rigorous diet. And I am failing miserably. I thought that by summer
time I won’t be embarrassed to showcase my flesh on the beach. Well, it’s
summer now, a very rainy summer. But when the sun is up and I’m on the beach,
I’m gonna look like another butanding washed away on the shore. I don’t
even want to justify why I stopped exercises and good eating habits
because IT’S FUCKING FRUSTRATING WHEN I’M TIRED
- Travel- on this point I am managing this one quite well. I am
really excited for the summer because not only I am going to shame myself
on the beach, but this is the perfect season to travel in the countryside
. And the country is so beautiful in the summer. At the same time, all preparations are done for my birthday trip to Tuscany , a small town near Gaeta , and Rome . I’m really looking forward to those relaxing and fun vacations. Paris
- Literary competition- I wanted to push myself to write more often than I used to, and send an entry to the Carlos Palanca literary contest. Ambisyosa! I know. But the goal is not to win but to push myself harder in writing. So far, I haven’t joined any contest, not even sent anything to any call to submissions for publication.
- Novel- well, it’s there, in the making. That is if you can call five paragraphs a novel-in-the-making. I am going to lay-off some other commitments so I can really have enough time for this. Busy-busyhan lagi kasi. I am not really busy. It’s simply a question of priorities and time management. And yes, too much time for porn. Hahaha!
- Reading Challenge- This is the only goal that I am not having any problems except that according to my tracker in Goodreads.com (the perfect website for bookworms and nerds like me) I am two books behind schedule. But that’s ok because I am reading thick volumes. I am still confident that I will reach my goal of reading 25 books, and perhaps more.
- Gifts for cousins and godchildren- I promised to give birthday gifts for my 30 godchildren and my other cousins, all 13 of them. But they’re too many. So I guess they’ll just receive gifts on Christmas. Promise!
- Write more blog entries- If I can’t even dedicate a time for a short story, how much more for this blog. And lately, my circle of bloggers is quiet, except for a few handful of dedicated bloggers.
- A New Blog- I was preparing a new blog with a totally new concept different from this one. But I am not keen on keeping two blogs. And I do not wish to close this one down. My target month to publish the new blog is on July. I won’t be anonymous in the other blog. But we’ll see. I might abort it.
- Learn a new skill- I was thinking of taking classes in kenjutsu, or something that would teach me how to use a sword so I can decapitate assholes with a real samurai sword. Kill Bill style. Instead, I started a new thing. Networking business- a new skill that could give me what I really want and love so much- MONEY.
- The Pursuit of a Rich Lover- my chances of becoming a querido to some rich bloke are still zero. What if I try to the rich one and purchase my own man-servant/man-whore? Hmmm…
How about your goals?