Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Pageant Boys

What are pageants for, really? Is it important in promoting advocacies and forwarding other issues? Is it truly an element of goodwill that will make the world a better and brighter place to live in?

These are the questions that popped in my head as I gaze upon the handsome face of this young gentleman- those glittering deep eyes with brows that add to his beauty; those high cheekbones and distinct smile; his smooth brown skin, beefy arms, impressive chest, a flat stomach with some features of abdominal muscles. And let me just stop there, because I can’t go on fantasizing always about my cousin. I know. I am a pervert. But hey, he is still a quite distant cousin.

But let’s put my perversion aside for a while. This cousin of mine is undeniably handsome and sexy. And I’m not saying this because I am horny and pervy, or because I’m a relative. He just won a title in an international male beauty pageant. It gives me a strong sense of pride in my family, and at the same time a strong boner.

He’s got the look. But the brain? Well, the Q and A portion was the most awkward moment for him, having given an answer that has nothing to do with the question. Nevertheless, he was proclaimed one of the most handsome gentlemen of the country.  It just shows us that it’s not all about beauty and brain. Sometimes, it is only about beauty, and how many boners and exploding ovaries can a boy stir up in one night. But I’m still happy for him, for bringing much pride to the household.

So all of the competitors of this important pageant are presumably straight and, obviously, good-looking. But they all look so young. I wouldn’t call them men. They are more like boys- very young and at times, quite awkward-looking.

And then I saw Rappler’s coverage of Mr. Gay World Philippines 2016, and I saw the winner. He is hot as fuck! And I guess, smarter than the usual pageant boys.



I was really amazed at the candidates of the gay pageant. I couldn’t help myself from comparing these straight boys to these gorgeous gay men.

The gays were more perked up, better projection, more muscular, and better-looking. The gay pageant boys look more mature and defined while the straight gentlemen were like still undergoing puberty. I think most of the candidates in the gay pageant are actually in their late 20’s or early 30’s. But then I’ve always preferred guys who are more mature in looks and personality. When it comes to intelligence, I really can’t say which group is smarter, because anyway, the gays have their fair share of dumbasses. Ok, I am really biased here, so I can’t say that our gays outdid those boys.

But let’s be realistic- we’re not judging intelligence, because otherwise there would be more physicists, professors, or scientists here, or an ogre, like me. And how do you judge beauty when it is not even quantifiable? Why can’t we ask ourselves why we are doing these pageants? Why are we so crazy about it?


I like these male pageants because there are handsome men. It makes me feel good to look at them. But to judge them on the basis of their beauty and their ability to answer one question? Am I missing something here?  

1 comment:

Sige, sakayan niyo ang trip ko....