Wednesday, April 05, 2017

The Book Inquisition no. 8- Delusions of a Dictator

The Book Inquisition no. 8- Delusions of a Dictator

Her Illustrious Highness, the Queen of Queer Queeries of the Book Inquisition summons William C. Rempel’s- “Delusions of a Dictator: The Mind of Marcos as Revealed in His Secret Diaries”, gifted to Her Royal Gayness by diva blogger Balut Manila.



  1. How was the cover?


It is used, old and tattered. I liked it. No, I love it. It gives a very vintage feel to it. And when I see words like “delusion” and “dictator” being associated to the photos of Ferdinand and Imelda. A full 1 point.

  1. Can the book cause a lot of controversy? Or if the book is controversial or has an outrageous claim to something or really popular, did it live up to your expectations?

Published in the early 90’s and written by a foreign journalist who got his hands on Marcos’ secret diary that reflects his delusional thoughts and the lies the dictator tells to himself, this discovery guarantees a whirlwind of controversies, especially now that his cronies are now doing their best to rewrite history before they go to hell.

2 points.

  1. Did it compel you to do something you’ve never done before?

No, not really. But it did made me reconsider certain facts in our history and our present condition that helped me form my personal conclusion.

1 point

  1. Was the plot development refreshing and more than the usual shit you read or has it became your reality?

It’s not a work of fiction but it is refreshing from hearing and reading the revisionists’ bullshits online and in the media.

2 points

  1. Were the characters of the story similar to your favourite imaginary friends, or did they get along well with the creature under your bed, or have they become the friends/lovers/sex-slaves you’ve always wanted in your delusional world?

N/A

  1. Has it changed your way of thinking? Have you become a better person or remained the same asshole in the neighbourhood?

It is a good book that is based on sound judgement of the facts in our history- a book that portrays a truthful image of a delusional man drunk on power and greed. Filipinos of today will condemn this book and its readers who uphold it as truth. Because we Filipinos, we betray our own kind and spit on the grave of our heroes, and change our history in favour of those traitors. This book makes me different and separates me from the “enlightened” citizens.
1 point.

  1.  Tonight. Sex or this book?

Sandro Marcos enters my chamber. By that time, I’ve already finished the book. I will not undress that young man. I’ll give him copy and send him away. After all, he’s still a Marcos. Cute, but still a Marcos. His name dispels all sexual urge from me. I would read again this book. But if Borgy Manotoc (his cousin) came in, well, I might consider doing him. But that's another story. 

2 points



 A total of 9/10 points- A must read.


3 comments:

  1. Coming from you, I would definitely consider reading this for myself. Hehe...

    ReplyDelete

Sige, sakayan niyo ang trip ko....