The Break-up Aftermath Playlist
So your partner read my advice and left you. You are here to know exactly what I said and perhaps find a way to kill me. But before you do that, please take the time to read what I am about to tell you.
You were stupid. Yes, a crazy stupid person who gave away heart and soul to an asshole/bitch.
Yes. If your ex were a good person or if he or she were really destined for you, or if he or she were true to you, you wouldn’t be here like a wrecking ball of nerves and distraught emotions smashing through this virtual wall of my blog.
But that’s beside the point.
I want you to understand that it gets better, that love would eventually lead you back to the path of happiness, and this time, with the true one. These words probably don’t mean anything to your right now because your puffy-teary eyes find it difficult to read and their meaning may not reach you because you’re probably dead inside.
And it’s fine. It’s ok to cry a river, and pour your heart out. It’s ok to be a drama queen and show that you’re hurt.
Cry. It’s ok. It’s not a weakness to be hurt. It’s your right and freedom to do so. You didn’t deserve what he or she did to you.
Others would tell you to stop, get up and move on. Others can do it. You can too, but not right now. And that doesn’t mean you’re weak. You are simply human.
So you’re hurt and suffering. As you wallow in this pool of sadness, don’t let depression creep in and drown you. Reflect also on what happened. Aside from your ex’s devilish cruelty, think about his reasons and the probability that this break-up was partly due to some of your shortcomings. It will help you become a better person and be smarter next time.
Allow yourself to be surrounded by friends and family who sympathize with you, and rekindle relationships with old friends, which you have neglected during your time with your demon ex.
In the meantime, I’m leaving you here a playlist of songs which some of my friends listened to when they were heart-broken.
1. Torete by Moonstar88- it’s about being honest with your feelings, of being still in love with the beloved but has the courage to let the beloved go, even though it drives you crazy.
2. Somewhere Down the Road by Barry Manilow- suggested by my bestfriend. He believes that love is sweeter the second-time around. He was left behind by a girl but never really let go. He hoped that they will meet again in the future, but eventually found another, the true one.
3. Broken Vow by Lara Fabian- my personal suggestion. I think I’d listen to this, and even sing it everyday if I were heartbroken. It’s about genuine love that has the power and courage to let go and accepting that it’s over.
4. I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor- suggested by a girl who kept a fighting spirit. Though left behind, she sang this song in the shower, while dancing and crying like crazy.
5. You’re So Vain by Carly Simon- generally suggested by people. The song speaks for itself.
6. Irreplaceable by Beyoncé- suggested by a big fan of the Queen B. Let the message of the song be impressed on your heart, and shout out “You think you’re irreplaceable? Fuck you!”.
Anyway, that’s all I can gather.
Reminder- get some whiskey and some Pringles. But don’t die. Live. Because you can still love again.